Real Life

16 November 2018

Joanne – A Mother’s Story

Mum Joanne Good lost her 16-year-old daughter Megan on 1 January 2014. Megan passed away in her sleep from pulmonary aspiration after drinking alcohol at a friend’s New Year’s Eve party. Since Megan passed away, Joanne’s perception of alcohol has completely changed and she wants to make other parents of teenagers aware of its dangers.

Here Joanne shares Megan’s story in the hope that it will save another parent from having to go through what she’s been through.

“Take some time to research the guidelines and talk to your children, as house parties are starting early these days.”